Often women take care of their skin and hair but neglect the care of their private parts. Most women are ashamed and hesitant about vaginal health. But we must understand that the vagina is also an important organ like other parts of the body.
Therefore, like other parts of the body, special attention should be paid to the cleanliness of the vagina. Due to not cleaning the private part, women often have to deal with vaginal infections.
In today’s article, we are going to give you some tips to keep the vagina clean and healthy –
- Most women would know that the vagina is self-cleaning. That is, it can keep itself clean. But if your vagina is more sensitive then you can clean it with lukewarm water and mild soap or intimate wash while taking bath.
NOTE: Using strong soaps or scented products can cause itching or rashes in the vagina.
- Nowadays there are different types of trendy panties available in the market. But cotton panties are the most comfortable for the vagina. Cotton panties allow air to pass through and keep the vagina dry, which reduces the risk of bacterial infection in the vagina. At the same time, due to synthetic panties, there is a high risk of bacteria growing in the private part.
- The risk of infection is highest during periods. Therefore, in these days, more attention should be paid to the cleanliness of the vagina. Change the napkin three to four times a day during periods and clean the private part with lukewarm water every time.
- It is very important to clean the private part after sex. With this, you can avoid diseases caused by sexually transmitted diseases. According to doctors, urinating after sex is also a healthy habit as it kills bacteria. After having sex, clean your private part with a mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Many people use lubricants during sex. Even though using a lubricant can increase your enjoyment of sex, it can worsen the pH level of your vagina and lead to bacterial infection.
- To keep the vagina healthy, avoid unprotected sex. Failure to use protection during sex increases the risk of vaginal infections and sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV, genital herpes, etc.
- Like the rest of the body, exercise is very important to keep the vagina healthy. You can do Kegel exercises to keep the vagina healthy. Kegel exercises help to keep the vagina healthy and also work to tighten the vagina.
- To maintain your vaginal health, you should also take care of your diet. To make the vagina healthy, you must include curd and garlic in your diet. The probiotics present in yogurt increase the growth of healthy bacteria in the vagina. On the other hand, garlic helps to keep the vagina clean.
Disclaimer: The suggestions in this article are for general information only. Do not take these tips and information as the advice of a doctor or medical professional. In case of symptoms of any disease, consult a doctor.