20, 25, 30 or 35, know what is the relationship between age and fertility rate

20, 25, 30 or 35, know what is the relationship between age and fertility rate

For the past few decades most of the women are opting to get pregnant late because of their career or late marriage. The age between 25 to 30 years is considered best for pregnancy. It is said that at this age a woman’s body becomes fully ready to become a mother, which does not cause much trouble in pregnancy.

 However, it is completely a personal choice as to when the woman wants to have a child. But the fact remains that a woman’s fertility declines with age. Getting pregnant at puberty is much easier than conceiving in your 30s and 40s.

 In today’s article, we will tell you what are the chances of pregnancy of a woman at every age –

A woman has about 1 to 2 million eggs at birth. By the time a girl reaches puberty, there are only 300,000 eggs left in her ovaries. Not all of these remaining eggs are healthy enough to be fertilized. Apart from this, there is only a week during ovulation when a woman can become pregnant.

 Not only this, the fertility rate of both men and women decreases with age. Apart from this, diet, lifestyle and physical activity can also affect your chances of conceiving. Let us know at what age the fertility rate of a woman is – 


A woman’s fertility peaks in her early 20s. About 90 percent of the eggs present in the ovaries are chromosomally normal, which increases the chances of conception. Studies show that a woman has the highest fertility rate at the age of 24. 

A healthy woman at this age has a 1 in 4 chance of getting pregnant during one menstrual cycle.

25 to 30

Fertility rates drop by about 10 percent between the ages of 25 and 34. After trying for a year, the chance of conceiving is 86 percent. In addition, the risk of miscarriage at this stage is higher than in the early 20s. 


The risk of miscarriage increases to 20 percent in the early 30s. But even after trying for a whole year, there is an 80 percent chance of pregnancy. It is better to keep in touch with your doctor to avoid any unfortunate incident.

After 35

According to doctors, the time to get pregnant before the age of 37 is considered good. The data shows that after the age of 35 there is a decline in the fertility rate due to which the woman may face difficulty in conceiving. 

However, the ovaries still contain a lot of eggs but their quality is not good. Along with this, the risk of miscarriage is also high in this stage. You can also opt for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) to have a baby. You can also opt for egg freezing if you are planning to conceive between the ages of 40 and 50.

After 40

After the age of 40, both the quality and quantity of eggs go down. Even after conceiving in this stage, the risk of miscarriage, premature birth and other pregnancy-related complications increases. 

90 percent of women’s eggs are abnormal in this stage. In addition, some women even reach the premenopausal stage where the chances of getting pregnant drop by 5-10 percent. In such a situation, the best way to conceive is through IVF. 

Disclaimer: The suggestions in this article are for general information only. Do not take these tips and information as the advice of a doctor or medical professional. In case of symptoms of any disease, consult a doctor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *