Menstruation is a natural process in women. There are many hormonal changes in women during periods. Apart from bleeding during periods, there are also problems like abdominal pain, cramps, and mood swings.
Bleeding in periods is normal but if there is heavy bleeding then it becomes a lot of trouble. Due to heavy flow during periods, sanitary napkins have to be changed several times a day. Apart from this, due to excessive bleeding, there can be a loss of water in the body and weakness can come. There can be many reasons for heavy bleeding, such as hormonal changes, infection, tumor medication, Overweight, or stress. If there is heavy bleeding occasionally then it is not a problem but if there is heavy bleeding every month then it should not be ignored. In such a situation, a doctor’s advice must be taken, otherwise, it can cause some major problems later.
In today’s article, we are going to give you some easy tips to reduce heavy flow in periods –
- Use the right pad: There are many types of sanitary pads available in the market nowadays. If you are troubled by the problem of heavy flow, then choose sanitary napkins with high absorption. Often there is a problem of rashes during periods, so choose soft pads.
- Intimate hygiene is essential: Take special care of your hygiene during periods. Change the tree every 3-4 hours if you have heavy bleeding. Apart from this, after changing the pad every time, clean your private parts with a good intimate wash. This will reduce the risk of infection and rashes.
- Coriander seeds: Consumption of coriander seeds is considered beneficial in reducing the heavy flow of periods. If you are troubled by heavy flow during periods, then boil two teaspoons of coriander seeds in a glass of water. When it cools down a bit, filter it and consume it.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is commonly used to enhance the taste of food. But its use also provides relief in the problem of heavy bleeding. If you are having heavy bleeding during periods, then boil a spoonful of cinnamon powder in water. Consumption of this tea helps in stopping heavy bleeding. If you want, you can add honey to it and drink it.
- Mustard seeds: The use of mustard seeds proves to be very beneficial in stopping heavy bleeding during periods. For this, take 1 teaspoon mustard seed powder with lukewarm milk, there will be relief in heavy bleeding.
- Fennel water: Fennel water works like a panacea for all the problems caused by periods like stomach pain, cramps, and heavy bleeding. This recipe has been used since the time of grandmothers. For this, put 1 teaspoon of fennel powder in 1 cup of water and boil it for about 5 minutes. Filter this water after it cools down a bit. Its consumption will give great relief to heavy bleeding.
- Coriander seeds: According to Ayurveda, many medicinal properties are found in coriander seeds. Hormones are balanced by consuming coriander seeds during periods and it is also beneficial in the problem of heavy bleeding. For this, put 1 teaspoon of coriander in two cups of water and boil it. When the water boils down to half, take it off and filter it. Drinking this water mixed with honey will give a lot of relief to heavy bleeding.
- Green leafy vegetables: There is a problem with the heavy flow even if there is a lack of iron in the body. To overcome the problem of heavy flow during periods, eat green leafy vegetables. Iron, magnesium, calcium, and other nutrients are found in it. By consuming green leafy vegetables during periods, the body gets enough iron and there is no anemia. Consumption of green leafy vegetables is also very beneficial in the problem of bleeding.
- Ginger: The use of ginger provides relief from the problem of heavy bleeding during periods. For this, put ginger in water and boil it for a few minutes. Drink this water after it cools down a bit. If you want, you can also add honey to it. It can be consumed 3-4 times a day, it will get relief in heavy bleeding.
- Apple vinegar: Drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water is beneficial in the problem of heavy bleeding. Using it helps to remove dirt from the body and keep hormones balanced. Drinking 2 to 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water will help stop heavy bleeding. You can consume it twice a day.
Disclaimer: The suggestions in this article are for general information only. Do not take these tips and information as the advice of a doctor or medical professional. In case of symptoms of any disease, consult a doctor.