Breast cancer is the second most common cancer type in women today. According to records, 1 out of every 8 women in India is a victim of breast cancer. The early symptoms are also very common, but if they are not recognized and treated at the right time, then the risk of breast cancer increases and can prove to be fatal. The right diet is very important to prevent breast cancer.
In today’s article, we will tell you what things you should remove from your diet to prevent breast cancer and which things should be included –
What is breast cancer?
- Cancer is caused by mutations in the genes that control cell growth. Mutations cause uncontrolled growth of cells. When there is an uncontrolled growth in breast cells due to mutations, it is called breast cancer.
- Typically, cancer forms in the lobule or duct of the breast. Lobules are the glands that produce milk, and ducts are the passageways that bring milk from the glands to the nipple. Cancer can also occur in the fatty tissue or the fibrous connective tissue within your breast. Cancer cells usually enter the lobules and ducts, invade healthy cells and spread to other parts of the body.
To avoid breast cancer, keep distance from these things :
- Alcohol and smoking should be avoided to avoid breast cancer. In many researches, it has been found that the risk of breast cancer increases with the consumption of alcohol and smoking. Drinking alcohol increases the level of estrogen in the body, which increases the risk of breast cancer.
- If you want to avoid breast cancer, do not consume red meat. Research has found that eating red meat increases the risk of breast cancer. The consumption of the same white meat is beneficial for health. Instead of red meat, include white meat in your diet.
- Excessive consumption of sugar can also increase the risk of breast cancer. Consuming too much sugar leads to obesity and fat in the body, which subsequently increases the risk of breast cancer.
- To avoid breast cancer, one should not consume any kind of processed food, the sets present in processed food items are harmful to health. Processed food contains trans fat, which increases the risk of cancer.
To avoid breast cancer, include these things in the diet :
- Getting enough vitamin D is very important for our health. It has been found in many researches that taking vitamin D also reduces the risk of breast cancer. You can include eggs, mushrooms and salmon and tuna fish in your diet. All these foods are rich in vitamin D and can reduce the risk of breast cancer. Along with this, one should sit in the sun for some time to take vitamin D.
- Green tea is not only beneficial for reducing obesity, but its consumption also reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- Turmeric has many medicinal properties. This is the reason why turmeric is used in Indian food. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent the growth of breast cancer cells.
- To avoid breast cancer, green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, kale, etc. should be consumed. Consumption of these vegetables reduces the amount of estrogen in the body, which reduces the risk of breast cancer.
Disclaimer: The suggestions in this article are for general information only. Do not take these tips and information as the advice of a doctor or medical professional. In case of symptoms of any disease, consult a doctor.