Most women use sanitary pads during periods. But nowadays there are many options available to deal with periods like tampons and menstrual cups. The use of tampons during periods is on the rise. It works in the same way as a sanitary napkin, but it is inserted inside the vagina, not over the underwear like a pad.
Tampons are a better option for women who have a heavy flow during periods. But sometimes women make some mistakes while using tampons, which have a bad effect on their vaginal health. In today’s article, we will tell you what mistakes should be avoided while using tampons. Along with this, we will also tell you the right way to use tampons –
Don’t make these mistakes while using tampons :
Often women use the same size tampon throughout their periods. But this is a big mistake made during periods. Tampons come in the market in different sizes and absorbency. You will find a small, medium, and large tampons of all sizes in the market. You can buy tampons according to your need.
If you have heavy bleeding during periods, you can buy a regular-size tampon. On the other hand, if you have less bleeding during periods, you can buy smaller-sized tampons.
- Many women do not wash their hands before using tampons. If you do this too, then change this habit of yours. Actually, there are thousands of bacteria present in our hands. If you don’t wash your hands before using a tampon, these bacteria can enter your body through your vagina. This can make you vulnerable to infection. Therefore, wash your hands before and after using tampons.
- Many times women forget to change the tampon by putting on it, due to which there can be infection and other problems. Tampons should not be used for more than 6-8 hours. Not changing the tampon for a long time can cause itching and burn in the vagina.
- Some women do not insert the tampon properly inside the vagina. If the tampon is not used properly, it can cause problems for you. The tampon should always be inserted deep inside the vagina. If the position of the tampon is not right, it can make you feel uncomfortable.
- Some women start using tampons before their periods as a precaution. But applying tampons without periods can upset the pH balance of your vagina. It can also lead to infection and vaginal itching.
How to use tampons :
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap before applying tampons. After this, dry your hands and lightly open the pack of tampons.
- Note that if the tampon accidentally falls on the ground, throw it away and use another tampon.
- You can apply the tampon standing or sitting if you prefer. Place the tampon in whatever position you are comfortable with.
- After this, hold the small and thin part of the tampon by the middle and insert it into the vagina. Keep in mind that the string of the tampon should be visible from the outside.
- Now remove the skin of the vagina with your other hand and gently insert the tampon inside with the middle finger. After inserting the tampon, gently pull your finger out.
- When the tampon fits snugly into the vagina, remove its outer tube with the help of your thumb and middle finger. Keep in mind that the string of the tampon will hang outside the vagina. Set this string in such a way that it is neither visible nor dirty.
- To take out the tampon, gently grasp the string of the tampon and pull it down.
- Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap before applying the tampon and after removing it.
Disclaimer: The suggestions in this article are for general information only. Do not take these tips and information as the advice of a doctor or medical professional. In case of symptoms of any disease, consult a doctor.